Wedding is a very grand occasion and is the most awaited event in anyone’s life. Wedding is not only a ceremony or a ritual but is a bonding of two people, two families and two lives. When a wedding takes place a lot of arrangement and preparations are done to make it special and memorable. What makes wedding more memorable is the wedding photographs that are taken during the ceremony. Each and every detail of all the rituals and events involved in the wedding are captured which are cherished throughout the life by the would-be couple.
Earlier wedding photography was something where everyone posed for the picture and the photographer clicks. But with technology and modern lifestyle, things have changed and people have discovered that candid photography is indeed better than posing for photographs.
However candid photography is an old concept but people opted for it recently. Candid photography simply means capturing someone without their knowledge. Candid photography gets the best out of anything naturally as people who are being clicked are unaware of the fact that they are getting photographed.
No matter how easy it sounds, it is indeed an art to capture candid pictures of a wedding where many people are present and where many things are ready to be captured. You can either try getting pictures yourself or you can also hire a candid wedding photographer.
There are certain tips that can help one to get amazing candid photographs and are stated below:
- To click good photos, one must always be ready. So keep your camera ready always to capture images whenever and wherever possible.
- Stay far away from the subject and click them as the further you are from the subject; the chances are less that they will know about getting photographed. So use a long zoom.
- Avoid using flash as it will let the person know that you are photographing them. Not using flash is also a part of candid photography.
- Shoot multiple images to make sure that you get a best image among them.
- Stay in a strategic position to get the right angle for capturing a memorable photo. For doing that you can visit the wedding venue before everyone to think about different locations from where you can capture.
- To capture beautiful images, capture people while doing things like talking, eating, smiling, dancing, etc.
- Also you can capture people talking with other people to get some classic images.
- You can also try shooting from the hip as it will give you a lower angle instead of higher which will help you get a different and mixed perspective.
- Shooting people from a different angle when they are posing for some formal shoots to get a different look of the people.
- Try not to focus only on the person, instead get some foreground elements to make the photo look more real.
With these many tips you will surely get some nice pictures of a wedding. Apart from that, a good and professional camera will let you capture amazing and beautiful images of the wedding with every detail in a beautiful manner.
You can check my candid shoot :